SIGNIFICANT OBJECTS presents …
An Evening of Remarkable Stories about Unremarkable Things
The first-ever … Object Slam!
Saturday, October 9, 2010 6-7p.m.
3175 17th Street (at South Van Ness)
San Francisco, CA 94110
[Map to Venue.]
Part of the Litquake Litcrawl.
Featuring original fiction inspired by random thrift-store doodads and written by:
- Rob Baedeker (your host): Rob Baedeker is a member of the Kasper Hauser comedy group, authors of SkyMaul, Obama’s Blackberry and Weddings of the Times.
- Chris Colin: Chris Colin is the author of What Really Happened to the Class of ’93, and a frequent New York Times contributor.
- Beth Lisick: Beth Lisick is the author of Everybody Into the Pool and Helping Me Help Myself, an actor/filmmaker, and a founder of the Porchlight Storytelling Series.
- Miranda Mellis: Miranda Mellis is the author of The Revisionist (Calamari Press), Materialisms (Portable Press at Yo Yo Labs) and None Of This Is Real (Forthcoming, Sidebrow)
- Katie Williams: Katie Williams’ first novel, The Space Between Trees, was released by Chronicle Books this June. She teaches writing at Academy of Art University.
+ Auctions for all five objects + stories will be live on eBay at the time of the event. You can bid!
+ Proceeds from these auctions will go to ROOT DIVISION.
— >> PLUS <<–
Brave attendees square off in the fiercely competitive Object Slam!
Bring your quill, iPad, or other writing tool of choice, because a sixth object will be unveiled at the event — and any attendee can sign up to invent a story about it! This is the first ever Object Slam. It’s sort of like a poetry slam. But with an object.
Our writers, in consultation with the audience, will choose the best story created that night to be published on SignificantObjects.com!
You must go! Declare your intentions this Facebook Event thingy, if you like. Or just write it down in your calendar. But don’t forget!